Things to bring when you sell your car to Michaels Autos:
- Title: Please bring your title with you when you sell your car to Michaels Autos. The title must be provided at the time of sale. If your vehicle is titled in a state where the owner holds title AND a previous loan on the vehicle has been paid off but is still recorded on the title, you will need both the title and lien release from the bank before Michaels Autos can purchase your car.
Have an outstanding loan?
If there is a lien on the car, we will need to contact your lien holder during business hours to get a ten-day payoff. To get the payoff, we will need:
Will all titleholders be present?
- Your lien holder's name and phone number
- The name(s) on the account
- The account holder's account and social security numbers
If all titleholders cannot be present, you must speak to a Business Office Associate before you can sell your car to Michaels Autos.
We may be able to accept a Power of Attorney allowing someone else to sign in an absent titleholder’s behalf. Michaels Autos must be able to keep the original Power of Attorney so it can be attached to the title.
If a titleholder is deceased, you may have to transfer the title into your name before Michaels Autos can buy your car. This can usually be done by taking the title and supporting papers to the local titling office. However, because this process varies by state, ask a Business Office Associate for more information.
If you are selling a vehicle on behalf of a company, please see a Business Office Associate for the requirements needed.
Is this a leased vehicle?
If so, Michaels Autos will need some verbal confirmation of the payoff amount before we can purchase your vehicle. Please note that some leasing companies will not allow you to sell the vehicle prior to the expiration of the lease.
- Valid Registration
A valid and current car registration is proof that you own the car. Michaels Autos must see the vehicle's current registration documentation to verify that you own the vehicle.
- Photo ID
All titleholders should bring valid state-issued photo IDs to prove identity.
- Owner's manual
Make life a little easier on the next car owner by leaving your owner’s manual in the glove box before selling your car.
- Keys and remote
Keys can be expensive to replace. If you do not have the original keys and remote, Michaels Autos may adjust the offer.
- In order for Michaels Autos to purchase your car, you must have all of the documents required by state and local law to transfer ownership to Michaels Autos. Should you not possess these documents or if additional research is necessary to confirm your car’s history, Michaels Autos reserves the right to a) cancel the Appraisal Offer, b) postpone the purchase until all requirements are met, or c) revise the Appraisal Offer.
- Michaels Autos issues a bank draft when purchasing a car from a customer. It must be deposited in an account. It cannot be cashed. Banks typically place a hold on bank drafts of up to 10 banking days. For this reason, customers are encouraged to verify their bank’s hold policy before attempting to draw on the bank draft.
- Any negative equity will need to be paid to Michaels Autosin the form of a cashier’s check, certified funds, or cash, unless the amount of negative equity can be included in the amount you are financing to purchase another car from Michaels Autos. A personal check can be used to pay negative equity under $250.
- Your written offer is based on your car and on any equipment that is installed or that is part of the car (e.g. stereos, alarms, etc.). If you remove any of this equipment, your appraisal could be voided.
- The written offer for your vehicle will not change for 7 days. After 7 days, your vehicle will need to be reappraised and your offer may change. Our written offer assumes that the condition of the vehicle does not change, that Michaels Autos may obtain a clear title, and that there are no undisclosed conditions affecting the vehicle.
- While we are happy to provide this appraisal so you can sell your car to Michaels Autos , it may not be relied upon by you for any other purpose. When comparing your Michaels Autos appraisal with other appraisals, please be sure that the appraisal or offer is not contingent on the purchase of another car.